lunes, 12 de octubre de 2009

Albert KING - Blues For Elvis 1970


Albert KING - Blues For Elvis 1970
Label: Stax
Release Date: Jun 11, 1991

Blues

Originally titled King Does the King's Thing, here's Albert King adding his own touch to a batch of Elvis Presley tunes. Because King's style is so irreducible, the concept actually works, as he fills this album with his traditional, high-voltage guitar work and strong vocals. That isn't surprising, since four of the nine tunes on here originally started as R&B hits covered by Presley, including an instrumental version of Smiley Lewis' "One Night." No matter what the original sources may be, though, this is a strong showing in King's catalog.
By  Cub Koda.
**
It may not sound interesting to hear Albert King do the Elvis Presley hits (he didn't even choose to do it, he was forced by Stax Records) but in the end he gives great versions of all these songs.
I bought it one day because I found it in a record store and I'm a big Elvis fan. I thought I would sell it on e-bay if I didn't like it but since then it's always in the jukebox CD player. I just love this CD because Albert King does not replicate the same sound, he turns it into real blues songs and makes the songs his own. For once, it's not someone trying to sing like the King because noone can sing like him, there's no use trying.
So I'm sure Albert King, even if he didn't want to record all these songs in the beginning, enjoyed himself singing them as you can hear on the record. And in the same manner, I didn't believe in this record at first but now I can't live without it.
I wish Elvis had done an Albert King cover album.
By  Blue Boy.
**
Albert King- Vocals, Guitar
Willie Hall- Drums
Marvell Thomas- Piano, Organ
Michael Toles- Guitar
James Alexande- Bass
Donald "Duck" Dunn- Bass
**
01. Hound Dog 4:03
02. That's All Right 4:09
03. All Shook Up 2:29
04. Jailhouse Rock 3:37
05. Heartbreak Hotel 6:06
06. Don't Be Cruel 3:27
07. One Night 4:17
08. Blue Suede Shoes 3:16
09. Love Me Tender
*
NoPassword
*
DLink
*

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario