lunes, 5 de octubre de 2009

Glenn KAISER Band - Live 2005


Glenn KAISER Band - Live 2005
Label: Grrr Records

Blues

Live and flat out rocks! This cd has been played so loud in my car I've had to replace speakers. This is hot, electric blues served up BIG TIME.
GKB Live delivers the energetic improvisational jams that you would expect, a 10-minute fast shuffling "Runaway Train" being the most impressive. With his talented rhythm section behind him, Kaiser's mastery of electric, steel, and lap guitar is on full display here, and guest guitarist Dave Beegle also shines on a few tracks.
By J. Allen.
**
WOW, WOW, WOW. Glenn Kaiser is or was the lead singer for the Rez Band also known as the Resurrection Band. Back in 1978 and 1979 The Resurrection Band put out two amazing Christian Rock cds: Awaiting Your Reply and Rainbows End. Those cds were made for the Star Song label. The band went on to change record labels several times, first to Light and then to Sparrow and I guess they finally ended up on Grr Records. Personally I feel Glenn's LIVE record rivals both of those early releases. It is as good if not BETTER than those early rock lps. Glenn returns to his rock and roll BLUES roots with LIVE. Roy Montory is in this band on bass. He was Rez's bass player. Jim Denton, however is listed as the bass player on the first lp. I guess Jim left Rez, but I'm not entirely sure. Janet Cameron also created the art for this cd. She was apparently the artist for at least the first cd and perhaps other cds. The artwork is reminiscent of the classic art on the first two lps. LIVE is ESSENTIAL listening for ANY fan of ROCK MUSIC and if you love Christian lyrics then you'll be double BLESSED. The Glenn Kaiser Band is a HEAVY BLUES ROCK BAND, or at least they are on this cd. Crossroads is PHENOMENAL as is DO LORD. Other outstanding tracks include If I Leave This World Tomorrow and Nick of Time. Nick of Time kept reminding me of a song and then I realized the song seems to BORROW from Led Zepellin's song "The Rover". And Whisper is just incredible. I bought this cd via soundbites that I heard over on the Grrr Records website. This cd is simply ONE OF THE BEST CDS I HAVE EVER HEARD. I have 1000 live recordings and I collect bootlegs. I haven't listened to Christian Rock in YEARS and Glenn and his band have brought me back into the musical fold. I used to be a strong Christian and this cd takes me back lyrically and spiritually. The songs are STRONGLY WRITTEN and STRONGLY PERFORMED. Glenn is an EXCELLENT SINGER and MUSICIAN. You can view Glenn Kaiser Band videos too over at You Tube. The quality of many videos is lacking, since they were live shows, but what may be lacking on the YouTube videos is CERTAINLY NOT LOST on this LIVE CD. Personally I cannot seem to get enough of this cd. I CRANK this cd LOUD and a casual observer probably would not even realize that GKB is CHRISTIAN MUSIC. PLEASE, buy this cd and HEAR for yourself how GKB is SOARING under the radar of POPULAR or SECULAR music. Hearing this cd I WONDER if the REZ band and the Resurrection Band was not HOLDING GLENN back musically. Now left to explore his musical muse in the solo format Glenn may very well now make a bigger name for himself as a SOLO artist than he made with the other two bands. I am obviously NOT a MUSICIAN but I DO have a LARGE collection of rock bootlegs, and over 200 Allman Brothers Band recordings. All I can say is take a CHANCE if you feel you are taking a chance and BUY this INCREDIBLE CD. I just hope Glenn keeps the great music COMING. And Glenn is certainly NOT a young man but his band rivals Led Zepellin and some of the strongest guitar music that I have ever heard. Jimi Page and Jim Hendrix or even Duane Allman could NEVER deny the talent of the GKB. Please, buy this cd and support Glenn's music. Keep on ROCKING and talking about God Glenn. I LOVE this CD. THANKS!!!
**
Glenn Kaiser, guitarist/keyboard player
Stu Heiss, bassist
Roy Montroy, drummer
John Herrin,Glenn and Wendi Kaiser on vocals.
**
01.Torch
02.Crossroads
03.If I Leave This World Tomorrow
04.Nick of Time
05.Full Time Love
06.Runaway Train
07.Winter Sun
08.The Day Love Died
09.Whisper
10.Do Lord
11.In the Soul of a Man
12.Queen of My Heart
*
NoPassword
*
DLink
*

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario