martes, 6 de octubre de 2009

J.B. HUTTO & The Hawks - Masters of Modern Blues 1966


J.B. HUTTO & The Hawks - Masters of Modern Blues 1966
Label: Hightone Records

Blues

One of the top blues records in my collection. I have been listening to the LP of this for several years and never get enough of it. The band is the cream of chicago blues, Willie Horton on harp, Fred Bellows on Drums, and Lee Jackson on Bass, with JB on slide& vocals, as well as Johnny Young on guitar. This record romps and stomps through standards like "dust my broom", as well as lesser known gems like "My kind of woman" and "sloppy drunk." There is a very earthy sound and the band is allowed plenty of room to move. this record is unique in postwar blues for it's feel and all around sound. The only one similar that come to mind is "Super Blues" with Muddy waters, Little Walter and Bo Diddley. It has a similar energy and drive. There is enough blues on this record to satisfy event the most die hard enthususiast. If you a re a fan of postwar chicago blues, I am very happy to see this record re-released on CD.
BUY this record!
**
J.B. Hutto- Vocals & Guitar
Johnny Young- Guitar
Lee Jackson- Bass
Fred Below- Drums
Big Walter Horton- Harmonica
**
01. Dust My Broom 3:25
02. Mistake in Life 2:37
03. Goin' Down Slow 3:47
04. Lula Belle's Here 3:15
05. She's So Sweet 3:53
06. My Kind of Woman 3:12
07. Pet Cream Man 2:45
08. Blues Stay Away from Me 4:37
09. The Girl I Love 3:28
10. Sloppy Drunk 3:05
11. Wild Wild Woman 2:36
12. Bluebird 2:46
*
NoPassword
*
DLink
*

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario