lunes, 2 de noviembre de 2009

Elliott MURPHY with Olivier DURAND - Murphy Gets Muddy 2005


Elliott MURPHY with Olivier DURAND - Murphy Gets Muddy 2005

Blues

I have been fortunate enough to see so many Blues Masters including BB, Muddy, James Cotton and Albert King (who I opened for on a French tour) in concert and I was always aware of the debt my generation of rock musicians owed to them. So the idea of doing a 'Blues Album' was planted in my brain probably 25 years ago or longer. It was the music I listened to on the road in my hotel rooms and late at night in my office. The dream of recording a blues album first started to became a reality some years ago. My wife Françoise said, 'You will never retire, Elliott, because you rock 'n rollers, if you don't die young then you finally evolve into bluesmen and everyone knows that a bluesman never quits, never retires, just keeps going.' The hardest thing was to choose among the hundreds if not thousand of incredible blues songs. I tried to pick those that would be most familiar to a wide audience. I also contributed a few of my own blues numbers. Murphy Gets Muddy features the incredible guitar and Dobro playing of my long time partner Olivier Durand. Murphy Gets Muddy is dedicated to the memory of Muddy Waters and all the other incredible bluesmen and blueswomen who struggled against poverty, racism and incredible odds to create this enduring and beautiful American art form.
By Elliott Murphy.
**
01. Terraplane Blues (4:08)
02. I Got My Mojo Working (3:17)
03. Hey Gunslinger (3:57)
04. Baby Please Don't Go (3:52)
05. I'm Ready (3:49)
06. The Thrill Is Gone (4:38)
07. Tip On In [pt. 1] (4:49)
08. Open City (4:19)
09. Who Am I Blues (5:10)
10. Baby What You Want Me To Do (4:09)
11. Mannish Boy (5:24)
12. Artificial Paradise (2:49)
13. I Can't Be Satisfied (3:05)
14. The Beginning And The End (8:52)
**
NoPassword
*
DLink
*

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario