domingo, 15 de noviembre de 2009

Junior WELLS - Hoodoo Man Blues 1965


Junior WELLS - Hoodoo Man Blues 1965

Blues

****
Lord, I wonder what's the, got the matter
          Time, you know with time
It seems like the hours, everything done changed

But I hold up my hand,
Lord, I'm trying make you understand
Lord, you know, uh, everybody they tell me,
Somebody done hoodooed the hoodoo man

Now you know I buzzed your bell this morning,
          you had your elevator running slow
I buzzed your bell, little girl, to take me up on the third floor

But I hold up my hand,
Lord,I'm trying make you understand
Lord, you know, uh, they tell's the baby
That somebody done hoodooed, the hoodoo man

(Spoken) Ha ha ha ha, look a here, baby

harp solo

I said, "I'm gonna tell you this time, baby,
          and I ain't gonna, tell you no more
The next time I tell you, I'm gonna have to let you go"

But I hold up my hand,
Lord,I'm trying make her understand
Lord, you know, uh, everybody they tell me
Somebody done hoodooed the hoodoo man
****
HOODOO MAN BLUES is one of the great albums from the era of classic Chicago blues. Though usually overshadowed by mid-century Chicago legends like Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf, Junior Wells ranks among the most dynamic and satisfying performers of the milieu, and his explosive harmonica playing and charismatic vocals come through like gangbusters on this 1965 release. The record has the added distinction of being one of the first long-playing blues albums to hit the scene (blues had largely been confined to 45s prior to its release).

The sessions benefit from notably clean production and fine musicianship (Buddy Guy appears on lead guitar). The band is energetic and plays with equal parts precision and abandon, creating the perfect canvas for Wells's sly, sexy frontman antics. Unlike a lot of his contemporaries, Wells was not afraid to incorporate the influence of R&B and rock & roll ("Snatch It Back and Hold It"), and his music has an accessible edge as a result, though he downshifts to slow-burn blues with perfect ease ("In the Wee Hours"). Sometimes fiercely electrifying, sometimes as laid-back and gauzy as barroom smoke, HOODOO MAN BLUES is a must for any comprehensive blues library.
From CD Universe.
**
Junior Wells- (Vocals, Harmonica)
Buddy Guy- (Guitar)
Jack Myers- (Bass)
Billy Warren- (Drums)
**
A1 Snatch It Back and Hold It 
A2 Ships on the Ocean 
A3 Good Morning Schoolgirl 
A4 Hound Dog 
A5 In the Wee Hours 
A6 Hey Lawdy Mama 

B1 Hoodoo Man Blues 
B2 Early in the Morning 
B3 We're Ready 
B4 You Don't Love Me Baby 
B5 Chitlin Con Carne 
B6 Yonder Wall
**
NoPassword
*
DLink
*

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario