domingo, 28 de febrero de 2010

Grant GREEN - Am I Blue 1963

Grant GREEN - Am I Blue 1963
BST-84139

Jazz

This great guitarist recorded in a variety of settings and concepts during his years at Blue Note. Am I Blue featured the perennial trio of Green, organist John Patton and drummer Ben Dixon with the trumpet of Johnny Coles and the tenor saxophone of newcomer Joe Henderson.
What makes this album so unusual in Green's canon is that the entire album is in a soulful, atmospheric ballad groove. The material ranges from the blues ballad "Sweet Slumber" to the country song "Take These Chains From My Heart", but the after hours mood that these men create is never broken.
**
A1. Am I Blue 6:54
       Written-By - Clarke , Akst
A2. Take These Chains From My Heart 6:09
       Written-By - Rose , Heath
A3. I Wanna Be Loved 7:34
       Written-By - Rose , Heyman
B1. Sweet Slumber 7:12
       Written-By - Neiburg , Woode , Millinder
B2. For All We Know 13:57
       Written-By - Coots , Lewis
**
Drums- Ben Dixon
Guitar- Grant Green
Organ- John Patton
Tenor Sax- Joe Henderson
Trumpet- Johnny Coles
**

NoPassword
*
DLink
*

2 comentarios: